Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Past Few Days...

*Warning - Super Long Post Ahead*

The past couple of days have been especially long because of the obscene amount of work and driving that I've been subjected to... Last Friday morning I went off to Ipoh to meet some clients and colleagues and it was pretty much a "bitching" marathon... "She said" and "He said" for 9 bloody hours... at least they had the decency to buy me lunch and dinner... Good thing that Kent provided some comic relief after my long strenous day or I would have gone mad... and just like every other time I go to Ipoh, I couldn't sleep on the first night... Good thing I had my NDSL with me... It was a good time to test the battery life of the NDSL as well... After spending the night playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, I can safely say that the battery of the NDSL lasts approximately 4 hours with the wi-fi turned off...

The next day started off rather well, a good shit, fresh air and breakfast at Macy... Hor Hee from the PMS men is always good but I would have preferred Mee Jawa (Mee Jawa Aunty is you are reading this, please reopen your stall at Macy ASAP!!!)... After breakfast it was off to work... The second day was by far a whole lot better than the first... for starters, no one was screaming and everyone seemed like they were in high-spirits... maybe some of em got laid the night before... after a fairly long brainstorming session, I was treated to lunch... and boy it was a lunch to remember!!! The food was absolutely divine... and with food of such quality, quantity always rocks!!!

By the time I got back from feeding my face, it was 3.30 pm, as I was in the mood for a little comic relief, I decided to teach Kent the difference between right and left... the teaching tool of choice??? The NDSL and Zoo Keeper!!!

Dinner was another treat because Mummy Ho cooked up a storm... there was herbal soup, fried fish, assorted veggies, roast pork (hahahaha this post is officially not halal) and trotters... During dinner we found out that Kent was a true blue Ho afterall, as he favoured the roast pork and trotters above everything else...

After dinner, we sat down and watched some TV and then it happened... This lard ass stuffed a whole piece of tofu in his mouth... A WHOLE 2" x 2" PIECE!!! By the looks of it he wasn't your average run-of-the-mill lard ass but a celebrity lard ass... You know, the kind that travels to all the obscure locations to sample the food together with a waif like model co-host... In the 45 mins that we watched the program, lard ass stuffed his face with all sorts of poultry, seafood, vegetables and even some unidentifiable objects... he has a gut that touches the steering wheel when he drives and an ass that vibrates like jello on top of a washing machine when he walks... not wanting to be outdone, I managed to convince Jeanie to go to the "Umbrella Stall Food Court" for some supper... and when we got there, I held court... I had some ikan bakar (a whole chicken fish... you know the fish that tastes like chicken), a plate of fried sotong (for 2 persons), ice kacang and an iced tea... after I convinced myself that the colume of food that I had ingested was on par with the lard ass on TV , we went home... I too can be on TV I thought...

That night sleep came easy... it was either that or I passed out because I over ate... the next morning, Jeanie and I drove off to Kao Lee to purchase some dim sum for breakfast... we also made a pit stop at Macy for some ice coffee and some egg custard for Kent... it was then that I realised that the cost of living is way way lower than KL... I mean way lower... I paid only RM 43 ish for the dim sum in Ipoh while the very same dim sum could have easily cost RM 90 ish in KL... Lunch was another Mummy Ho classic, pasta!!! It was good enough to warrant 3 portions!!!

After some bumming around after lunch, we began the journey back to KL... The journey was pretty uneventful except for some idiotic motorcyclists treating the highway like their personal race track...

Stopped for some Japanese food at Mont Kiara before sending Jeanie and Yvonne home... Yvonne stumped me when she fired up Big Brain Academy and put my score to shame... Her brain weighs a staggering 20gms heavier... I guess I have to view her in a new light from now on...

Technorati Tags: ,, ,, , , , , , , , ,

No comments: