Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fondling And Tapping My Stick...



(Disclaimer: the contributors of this blog do not advocate the downloading of Roms or the use of flash carts to play downloaded games from the internet... the flash cart shown above was purchased only to run homebrew programs)


Its been a hectic couple of weeks and therefore, I decided to reward myself by getting an Enamel Navy Nintendo DS Lite (hereinafter referred to as "NDSL") and some "not so kosher" goodies to go with it...

First off, I have to say that the NDSL is a whole lot more fun that I thought it would be... Its way way ahead of the PSP I have lying around the house (Note: The PSP has been used for every other thing but gaming... movies, music, pictures, ebooks, rss feeds, etc...)

The screen is brilliant, the thumbpad top notch, the touchscreen worked as it should but the damn thing is a bloody finger print magnet... Good thing I purchased the protective stickers for the NDSL as they minimize the finger prints somewhat and protect the damn thing from scratches... Putting on the protective stickers were a bitch though...

The first bits of homebrew that were loaded on it were the beup (MSN Messenger client) and DSorganize to expand its functionality so I can IM on the go and keep my life in order... Why didn't I get a PDA you ask... Its because I needed something that played games as while without the need to lug around another gadget... Besides the NDSL is slightly cheaper than the PDA / Smartphone that I'm eyeing...

The games that I'm playing on this little bundle of joy are a world apart from the games I normally play on my PC, 360, PStwo or PSP... thats right... no ultra violent games, no 2d fighters, no FPS' and no RPG's... just puzzle games like Zoo Keeper and Big Brain Academy (according to the game my brain weighs 900 gm... and that I have excellent memory skills but am sorely lacking in some other departments)... Will try out the other puzzlers next month as I've used up quite a fair bit of cash in the past month on gadgets and games...

The NDSL is not even 48 hours old yet and I'm already planning to get a slew of items to compliment it (i.e. pouches, a retractable stylus, a display stand, a play stand and a higher capacity micro sd card so I can plonk a fair bit of music onto it...

Technorati Tags: ,, ,, , ,

No comments: