Monday, September 11, 2006

The Halo Graphic Novel


Mobius "the new contributor" Vyper here. This is my first post and today I'll be writing a short review of the Halo Graphic Novel. I'm not so much of a reviewer, but I'll give it a shot. Basically the graphic novel is a Halo comic book. A one hundred twenty eight page (fully coloured) hard cover comic book.

What's inside? Well you have four stories, each drawn and written by different authors. All four of these stories revolve around what happens in Halo and Halo 2. For example, a story titled Breaking Quarantine illustrates Sergeant Johnson's escape from his encounter with the Flood.

Another thing to note about the graphic novel is that how much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you love Halo. The more you love it, the more you'll enjoy the graphic novel. You would also have a better understanding of the four stories the more you know about Halo and the Halo universe.

So what else is in this graphic novel? The four stories cover about the first one hundred pages. What about the rest of the novel? Well Bungie always gives us cool stuff don't they? The remaining twenty eight pages of the novel consist of a Gallery and "Bungie's Bu
llshit Bluster".

The Gallery is a neat little collection of many Halo related images drawn by the many other artists who were involved in the creation of the graphic novel. Frankie also draws us a cool Mister Chief picture. One of my personal favourites. On the right are two examples of images that can be found in the Gallery section of the page. The Gallery covers about twenty six pages.

So what's left? "Bungie's Bullshit Bluster" is left. What is "Bungie's Bullshit Bluster"? It's a cataclysmic clamoring of cromulent content for
cool cats and comic connoisseurs! Yup, no one describes it better than Bungie themselves.

The conclusion: The Halo Graphic Novel is worth buying =)

OK I said I wasn't much of a reviewer. Whenever any of my friends tell me to give them a review of a movie or game or whatever, I almost always give them a simple one-liner like "It's good" or "It sucks" and 80% of the time they don't ask for more details. If you want a longer conclusion, then here you go:

The Halo Graphic Novel is worth buying. It's a fun read and Halo fans will definitely enjoy it. I personally found it highly enjoyable and it was definitely worth RM 83.

Alright so that wraps up my first ever post and my first ever book review. Mobius out~


Technorati Tags: ,, ,, ,

No comments: